National Museum introduced the Yuva Saathi Programme for School/College Students, the young visitors of the museum. A free guided tour of the entire museum will be given to the students for 60 minutes on pre-booking.
The free guided tour for students will be given on all working days of the museum i.e. Tuesday – Sunday. The slots for the tours are:
10:30 am – 1:30 pm for Morning Slot
1:30 pm – 4:30 pm for Afternoon Slot
No tours during Lunch hours (1:00 pm – 2:00 pm)
Note: The First tour starts at 10:30 am and last tour at 3:30 pm.
- 1. Pre-Booking is necessary for all schools. It can be done by sending email on email@example.com. The timings of the tour would be provided by the coordinator.
- 2. The pre-booking should be made minimum 3 days in advance of the visiting date. The students will be limited to 100 – 120 in one slot.
- 3. The film show facility in the auditorium will be available on pre booking. Schools must send their request along with their booking for the visit.
- 4. Teachers/Escorts will need to pay an entry fee of Rs. 20/- per person. Student’s ticket would be exempted.
(They should be in their school uniform or a permission letter from the principal on the school's letter head).
- 5. The separate gallery based tours will be starting shortly.
Note: The booking will be considered only when the teachers/escorts provide a confirmation email from the coordinator.
Details of the Coordinator:Ms. Indira Vats
Assistant Curator (Education)
Contact No. 23019272, extn. 237
Note: In case of short notice visits kindly contact on the coordinator on the above mentioned number.
Other programmes at NM for school children/groups: A Day at the National Museum (www.nationalmuseumindia.gov.in)